Creamy Italian Potato Salad
I'm always on the lookout for potato salad recipes that are a little different, and this one certainly is! I found the basic recipe in a vegetarian cookbook and made a few changes in it to suit our individual tastes. —Jody Steinke, Nekoosa, Wisconsin
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 15 min.
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cubed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (9 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced in thin rings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender. While
- potatoes cool, combine remaining ingredients except parsley and
- oregano. Drain potatoes. While potatoes are still hot, stir in
- cheese mixture. Cover; chill. Just before serving, stir in parsley
- and oregano. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 217 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.