- Return all to the pan; add garlic and onions. Cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended.
- Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for
- 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cream, sherry and
- seasonings; heat through.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each sheet of puff pastry into
- a 12-in. square. Using a 10-oz. ramekin for a pattern, cut out four
- pastry circles 1 in. larger than the ramekin's diameter from each
- Fill twelve 10-ounce ramekins with soup, about 1 cup in each. In a
- small bowl, combine egg and water. Brush edges of pastry circles
- with egg mixture; seal circles to edges of ramekins. Place on baking
- sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 12 servings.
To Make Ahead: A day before, make the soup up to the point of adding the cream, sherry and seasonings; cover and refrigerate. Reheat when ready to use; continue with the recipe as directed.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 574 calories, 38 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 12 g protein.