Creamy Cranberry Salad
One of my piano students shared this recipe with me many years ago. She told me it's the perfect salad for the holidays, and she was right.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (thawed), chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Just before
- serving, fold cream and walnuts into cranberry mixture. Yield: 16
- servings (1/2 cup each).