Creamy Cranberry Gelatin
I picked up this recipe at the gas company when I was a teen in the fifties. I modified it slightly, entered it in a newspaper contest and won $100! It was a delight to our family's taste buds.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) pineapple gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- In a small saucepan, bring orange juice to a boil. Place gelatin in a
- small bowl; add orange juice and stir until dissolved. Refrigerate
- until slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add cranberry sauce;
- beat until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture. Pour into six 1/2-cup
- gelatin molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for several
- hours or overnight. Unmold onto serving plates. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 227 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.