Creamy Chow Mein Chicken
Looking for something different to take to potlucks? Look no further. With this tasty alternative, Mary Edwards of Vacaville, California turns basic pantry items into a tempting Asian delight.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Sprinkle half of the chow mein noodles into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. In a bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, soups,
- milk, water chestnuts, mushrooms and cashews. Spoon over the
- noodles; top with remaining noodles. Bake, uncovered, at 325°
- for 35-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 339 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 784 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.