Creamy Chicken Crescents
"Collecting cookbooks from area churches is my hobby, and this recipe was one of my discoveries," says Rena Laska of Bancroft, Wisconsin. "I made some changes to suit my family's tastes." The cheesy chicken dish comes together easily with a tube of refrigerated rolls.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- Separate crescent dough into eight triangles. Combine the chicken and
- 2 tablespoons cheese; place about 2 tablespoonfuls on the wide end
- of each triangle. Roll up and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, combine soup, milk
- and remaining cheese. Cook until heated through and cheese is
- melted. Serve over crescents. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 328 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 859 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.