Creamy Chicken 'n' Rice
"This was my favorite dish when I was growing up," relates Renee Leetch of Canton, Ohio. "Now I appreciate it even more because it's fast, easy and nutritious. Served with biscuits and a salad, it's a hearty meal."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (5 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Pinch pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook rice in water according to package
- directions. add the remaining ingredients; heat through. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 225 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 1,029 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.