Creamed Corn with Peas
I created this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner last year. It's very much a comfort food. My family loved the blending of the sweetness of corn with the earthiness of wild mushrooms.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 teaspoons thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute the corn, mushrooms and onion in butter
- until mushrooms are tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually
- add broth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat. Add the cream, salt and pepper;
- stir in peas and cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 430 calories, 32 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.