Creamed Chicken over Beans
Louise Martin of Denver, Pennsylvania writes, "This simple but tasty blend will surprise you. It uses leftover chicken and frozen green beans, so it's fast to fix for a brunch or light lunch." Our test kitchen figured this reasonably priced main dish costs just 81¢ a serving.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, cooked and drained
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper
- until smooth. Gradually add the water, milk and bouillon. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the
- chicken and heat through. Serve over beans. Sprinkle with paprika if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 307 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 818 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.