Cream of Turkey and Wild Rice Soup
A dear friend brought me some of this soup when I was ill - it really hit the spot. I asked her for the recipe and I've made it several times since, especially when I have leftover turkey to use up. Now I like to take it to friends when they're not feeling well. It's filling and really warms you up on a wintry day!
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until onion
- is tender. Add water, broth and rice mix with seasoning; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in turkey and cream and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 364 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 857 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein.