- racks to cool completely.
- For filling, combine cornstarch and milk in a small saucepan until
- smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat;
- cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and confectioners'
- sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla if desired. Gradually
- add the cornstarch mixture, beating until smooth.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 1-in. circle 1 in. deep in the top of each
- cupcake. Carefully remove tops and set aside. Spoon or pipe filling
- into cupcakes. Replace tops. If desired, add a clove "pumpkin stem"
- to the tops. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.