- For filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar and salt until smooth. Beat
- in egg and vanilla. Fold in chips.
- Fill 12 paper-lined jumbo muffin cups half full with batter. Drop a
- rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture into center of each;
- cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in
- muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans
- to wire racks to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar
- if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 muffin equals 493 calories, 22 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 70 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.