- smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Cool. In another bowl, cream the shortening, butter and
- sugar. Add the cooled milk mixture and vanilla; beat until smooth
- and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Spread evenly over cakes. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour.
- For frosting, in a large saucepan, combine the sugars, butter and
- milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sugar is
- dissolved. Remove from the heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla;
- stir until chips are melted. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room
- temperature. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Spread
- over filling. Cut into bars. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 259 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.