- heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2
- minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount for hot
- filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from
- the heat. Stir in butter, lime peel and food coloring if desired.
- Gently stir in lime juice. Cool to room temperature without
- For cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and
- lime juice in a small bowl until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread evenly in crust; top with lime filling. Refrigerate for 3
- hours or until firm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 633 calories, 33 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 475 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.