Cream Cheese Dainties
Cream cheese makes these tender treats just melt in your mouth.—Lynne Stewart, Julian, Pennsylvania
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup apricot spreadable fruit or seedless raspberry preserves
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light and
- fluffy. Gradually add flour to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into four portions; cover and refrigerate until easy to
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one portion of dough at a time
- into a 10-in. x 7-1/2-in. rectangle. Trim edges if necessary. Cut
- into 2-1/2-in. squares.
- Place 1/4 teaspoon spreadable fruit or preserves near each end of two
- diagonal corners. Moisten the remaining two corners with water; fold
- over and press lightly.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes
- or until corners are lightly browned. Cool 2-3 minutes before
- removing to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 161 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium,