Cream Cheese Blueberry Pie
”Yum!” exclaimed our tasting panel over this delectable treat submitted by Lisieux Bauman of Cheektowaga, New York.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches), baked
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until
- smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into pie shell.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon
- juice until smooth; stir in blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium
- heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool. Spread
- over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 337 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 146 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a