Cream Cheese & Chive Omelet
The first bite of creamy filling lets you know this isn’t any old omelet. Make it once, and we suspect you’ll be fixing it often. —Anne Troise, Manalapan, New Jersey
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Whisk
- the eggs, chives, water, salt and pepper. Add egg mixture to skillet
- (mixture should set immediately at edges).
- As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, sprinkle cream
- cheese on one side; fold other side over filling. Slide omelet onto
- a plate; cut in half. Serve with salsa. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 omelet (calculated without salsa) equals 305 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 455 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.