"This snack is great at children's parties and a fun treat on TV night," assures Lee Ann Stidman of Spirit Lake, Idaho. "When our boys were small, they loved making and eating it. It can be sent home in snack bags as a party favor with the recipe attached to the bag."
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons assorted colored sprinkles or colored sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine corn
- syrup and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 20-40 seconds;
- stir. Pour over popcorn; stir to coat. Immediately add colored
- sprinkles, sugar and cinnamon; toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans; let
- stand for 1 hour or until dry. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 143 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.