Cranberry Walnut Bread
This family favorite comes from a collection of Amish recipes. I gave the recipe to several friends, and everyone loves it. Loaded with cranberries, nuts and cinnamon flavor, it's perfect for fall and winter.
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order
- suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust
- color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine
- directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2
- tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal
- this), add walnuts and cranberries. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 134 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.