Cranberry Waldorf Gelatin
We enjoy this easy-to-make salad in the fall when fresh cranberries and apples are in season.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cranberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Sprinkle unflavored gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water; let stand for 5
- minutes. In a bowl, dissolve softened gelatin and cranberry gelatin
- in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce until blended. Add the
- cinnamon, ginger, salt and remaining cold water. Cover and
- refrigerate until almost set. Fold in apples and walnuts. Pour into
- an ungreased 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl. Refrigerate until firm. Yield:
- 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 156 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.