Cranberry Upside-Down Cakes
If you forget to remove the cakes from the custard cups after cooling for 5 minutes, warm the desserts in the microwave for a short time for an easy release.
Do not freeze.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) devil's food cake mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 6 tablespoons whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, egg; beat on low speed
- for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes; set aside.
- Generously grease six 6-oz. custard cups; place a piece of butter in
- each cup. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts and coconut; sprinkle
- into cups. Spread each with cranberry sauce; top with cake batter.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until cake springs back when
- lightly touched. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before inverting
- onto dessert plates. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 375 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.