- 5-7 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, brown sugar
- and water. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15
- minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the butter, lemon juice and
- walnuts if desired. Cool.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a
- 20-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of
- edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch
- seam to seal. Place in a zigzag pattern in a greased 9-in. x 5-in.
- loaf pan.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in 1
- tablespoon butter until crumbly. Melt remaining butter; brush over
- dough. Sprinkle with topping. Cover and let rise until doubled,
- about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when
- tapped. Carefully remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1
- loaf (16 slices).
Glazed Cranberry Swirl Loaf: Combine 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoon milk. Drizzle over cooled bread.
Cranberry Swirl Loaf with Cranberry Caramel Drizzle: Bring 1-1/2 cups cranberry juice and a cinnamon stick to a boil in a small saucepan. Cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Reduce heat and remove cinnamon stick. Whisk in 1/2 cup Kraft caramel bits until melted. Add another 1/2 cup caramel bits and whisk until melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream. Cool and drizzle over cooled bread.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 210 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.