- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper; spread cranberry mixture over
- meat. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie
- tenderloin at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Place on a rack
- in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until meat reaches desired
- doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
- medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes
- before slicing.
- Meanwhile, saute shallots in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Add
- the juice, wine, broth and thyme. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid
- is reduced by half, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in
- remaining butter. Serve with beef.
- Yield: 12 servings (1 cup sauce).
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked beef with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 271 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.