Wisconsin grows an abundance of cranberries and celebrates the harvest with many cranberry festivals. I don't remember where I obtained this recipe, but it's easy, different...and good! Try it with pork or leftover turkey.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil for 2 minutes.
- Drain. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Add cilantro, peppers, onion,
- orange peel, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cool and refrigerate.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup (prepared with sugar substitute; calculated w/o added salt) equals 18 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food.