Cranberry Relish Salad
SO MUCH time and effort went into preparing meals for our large family that it was a real bonus to find a recipe with a shortcut. This salad was one of them.
The dish became part of a special meal our family enjoyed during the holidays. I recall lots of second helpings being requested, but not many leftovers.
-Rosemary Talcott, Worthington, Minnesota
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 1 can (8 ounce) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cranberry-orange sauce
- In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatins and sugar in boiling water.
- Add the soda, pineapple and cranberry-orange sauce; chill until
- partially set. Pour into individual dishes or an 11-in. x 7-in.
- dish. Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 133 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.