Cranberry Pumpkin Muffins
The delicate pumpkin flavor of these muffins is enhanced with tart, juicy cranberries. I sometimes dust the tops with powdered sugar for added sweetness.
Sue Ross, Casa Grande, Arizona
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a bowl, beat the
- eggs and sugar; add the pumpkin and oil and mix well. Stir into the
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cranberries.
- Fill foil-or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 159 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.