Cranberry-Pear Tossed Salad
Kris Hernandez of Oneida, Wisconsin often treats dinner guests to this colorful and fruity salad. Pears, dried cranberries and mixed greens are combined with sugarcoated walnuts and blue cheese, then drizzle with a sweep apricot-flavored dressing that's sure to tantalize the taste buds.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup apricot nectar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 medium ripe pears, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- For dressing, in a large bowl, whisk together the first six
- ingredients; set aside. In a heavy small skillet, melt sugar over
- medium heat, stirring constantly. Add walnuts; stir to coat. Remove
- from the heat.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, pears and cranberries.
- Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with nuts and blue cheese; toss to
- coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 161 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 184 mg sodium,