- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- In a large saucepan, bring the cranberry juice, sugar, lemon juice
- and cinnamon stick to a boil; add pears. Reduce heat, simmer,
- uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until pears are tender. Remove from
- the heat; stir in cranberries. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar,
- cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt; cover and pulse to blend. Add
- butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add
- egg and molasses; pulse just until moistened. Press onto the bottom
- and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with
- removable bottom. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Cool completely
- on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- Drain pears and cranberries, reserving juice. Pat pears and
- cranberries dry; discard cinnamon stick.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sour cream, sugar, milk, orange
- peel, vanilla and salt. Stir in half of the cranberries; spoon half
- of mixture into tart. Slice pear halves; arrange over custard. Top
- with remaining custard. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until custard is
- set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place reserved juice in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook until
- liquid is reduced to 1 cup; brush over pears. Arrange remaining
- cranberries around tart. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 331 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.