Delicately spiced fruits are topped with scrumptious crunch—a clever use of oatmeal cookie mix. —Toni Pendley, Somerset, Kentucky
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + standing
- 3 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) oatmeal cookie mix
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, combine pears and cranberries. Combine the sugar,
- flour, cinnamon and ginger; sprinkle over pear mixture and toss to
- coat. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Prepare cookie mix batter according to package directions. Sprinkle
- over fruit mixture. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until
- fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice
- cream. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without ice cream) equals 429 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.