Cranberry Pear Chutney
My husband, Jack, is a diabetic who likes to round out a meal with this lovely sauce. The ingredients in this sugar-free treat give it a natural sweetness.Carol Bricker, Tempe, Arizona
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 pear, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a saucepan, bring cranberries and concentrate to a boil. Cook and
- stir for 5 minutes. Add pear and raisins; cook and stir until
- berries pop and pear is tender, about 5-7 minutes. Pour into a
- serving bowl; chill overnight. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One 1/4-cup serving equals 99 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.