Cranberry Orange Vinegar
I enjoy making an assortment of vinegars but this is a favorite. The longer the cranberries and oranges sit in the vinegar, the more intensely flavored it becomes. Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
96 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing
- 6 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 3 medium oranges, sectioned and chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat vinegar to just below the boiling point. In
- a large bowl, lightly mash the cranberries and oranges; add heated
- vinegar. Cover and let stand in a cool dark place for 10 days.
- Strain mixture through a cheesecloth and discard pulp. Pour into
- sterilized jars or decorative bottles. Seal tightly. Store in a cool
- dark place. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 tablespoon equals 9 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.