- Arrange onions in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Place turkey over onions. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 3 to
- 3-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. (Cover
- loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.) Cover and let stand
- for 15 minutes before carving.
- Discard herb sprigs and orange before slicing. Place reserved sauce
- in a large saucepan; heat through. Serve with turkey. Yield: 28
- servings (3-1/2 cups sauce).
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked turkey with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 257 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer