Cranberry Orange Muffins
These nice, light muffins, studded with cranberries, have a splash of orange flavor. They're so simple to fix, my husband and I enjoy one for breakfast almost every morning. —Sara Eichenlaub, Burlington, Ontario
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda
- and salt. In another bowl, combine the orange juice, oil and egg;
- stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill
- three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes
- or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool
- for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 muffin equals 153 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,