Cranberry Nut Bars
My husband's aunt sent us these bars one Christmas. The fresh cranberry flavor was such a nice change from the usual cookies. I had to have the recipe, and she was gracious enough to provide it.
36 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add
- the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into
- bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 91 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.