Cranberry Mousse Salad
My sister and I discovered this recipe while looking for something different to serve at holiday time. The fruity flavor goes especially well with poultry or pork.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Add cranberry sauce, lemon
- juice, peel and nutmeg; mix well. Drain pineapple; add juice to
- gelatin mixture and set pineapple aside. Chill until syrupy.
- Whisk in sour cream. Add the pineapple and pecans. Pour into an 8-cup
- mold coated with nonstick spray. Chill until firm. Yield: 10-12
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 249 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.