- Stir in butter and extract. Pour into crust.
- For meringue, in a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar
- and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in
- sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over hot filling, sealing edges to crust.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack for 1 hour; refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 439 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.