Cranberry Lime Macaroons
It won't be the holidays for my family and friend if I didn't make these chewy lime flavored macaroons. I usually make several batches a week during the season.Alisa Costa, Chatham, New York
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites for 1 minute. Whisk in the sugar,
- vanilla, lime peel and salt. Stir in coconut and cranberries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-in. apart onto parchment paper-lined
- baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden
- brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 62 calories, 4 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.