Cranberry Lime Curd
When I was visiting a friend in California, she made this fruity curd for brunch. It was so tasty and refreshing that I brought the recipe home with me.Billie Schneider, Tarkio, Missouri
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- In a blender, combine the cranberry sauce, eggs, lime juice, sugar
- and butter; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a large
- saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is thickened and
- reaches 160°.
- Strain and discard pulp. Stir in the lime peel. Transfer to a storage
- container; cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 90 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.