- and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- For cranberry sauce, in a saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- Add cranberries. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; set aside.
- For egg mixture, in a bowl, combine the eggs, evaporated milk and
- sugar; beat well. Divide half of the egg mixture between two greased
- 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans; set remaining egg mixture aside.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half. Pat each portion over egg mixture
- in pans. Spoon cranberry sauce over dough. Drizzle with remaining
- egg mixture.
- For topping, combine flour and sugar in a bowl. Cut in butter until
- crumbly; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on
- a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 2 kuchens (12 slices each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 387 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 232 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.