Cranberry-Kissed Pork Chops For 2
"I like to serve this quick entree over golden cooked noodles or fluffy white rice." —Betty Nichols, Eugene, Oregon
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons raspberry vinegar
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet coated with
- cooking spray, brown chops on both sides over medium-high heat.
- Combine cranberry sauce and mustard; spoon over chops. Reduce heat;
- cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- Remove chops and keep warm. Add cranberries and vinegar to skillet,
- stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook
- until liquid is reduced to about 3 tablespoons. Serve with chops.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 232 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.