This unique treat combines two holiday favorites the tangy flavor of cranberry and a sweet chewy candy. I've made them for years. They're popular with all ages.
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 10 min.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 can (16 ounce) jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- Additional sugar, optional
- In a saucepan, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over water; let stand for
- 2 minutes to soften. Add cranberry sauce and 1 cup of sugar; cook
- over low heat until sauce is melted and sugar is dissolved, about 10
- minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and add raspberry gelatin; stir until completely
- dissolved, about 3 minutes. Pour into an 8-in. square dish coated
- with cooking spray. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 12
- hours or overnight (do not refrigerate).
- Cut into 1-in. squares; roll in remaining sugar. Place on baking
- sheets; let stand at room temperature for 3 hours. Turn pieces over
- and let stand 3 hours longer. Roll in additional sugar if desired.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 5
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 85 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 11 mg sodium,