My mother would agree that coming up with foods that a husband and 13 children all liked could be a real challenge. Each and every one of us thought these ribs were delicious. Now my own family loves them, too!
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 pounds pork spareribs
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-3/4 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Place ribs on a rack in a foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Broil 6
- in. from the heat for 12-20 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove ribs from rack; drain drippings. Return ribs to pan.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, salt, mustard and cloves in a saucepan;
- gradually add cranberry juice, stirring until smooth. Add water,
- vinegar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2
- minutes. Pour over ribs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 20-30
- minutes longer or until ribs are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (12 ounces) equals 754 calories, 48 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 191 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium,