Cranberry Glazed Pork Roast
Meet the Cook: Many pork recipes were too spicy for me, so I decided to try this sweeter alternative. That was 18 years ago, and it became a family favorite. It tastes great the day after in a cold sandwich, too.
Today, our two daughters make this roast often. We also have eight grandchildren and 25 great-grandchildren.
-Madeline Strauss, Clinton Township, Michigan
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Combine salt and pepper; rub over the roast. Place roast, fat side
- up, on a rack in a greased roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cranberry sauce, orange juice and brown sugar
- in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until cranberry sauce is
- melted. Drizzle a fourth of the glaze over roast.
- Bake 20 minutes longer; or until a thermometer reads 145°,
- basting frequently with remaining glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before slicing. Warm remaining glaze; serve with roast. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 293 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 354 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot