Cranberry Gelatin Squares
This festive gelatin treat from Lucile Cline of Wichita, Kansas is full of cranberries, pineapple and pecans. It's a great recipe to serve on the holiday buffet table.
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 1-cup measuring cup. Add enough
- water to measure 1 cup. Set pineapple aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring pineapple juice mixture
- to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- Stir in cold water; transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until
- partially set.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberry sauce and reserved pineapple; stir
- into gelatin mixture. Pour into a 9-in. square dish; cover and
- refrigerate until firm.
- Place pecans and butter in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally; cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk the milk, cream and pudding mix for 2 minutes.