This creamy, crunchy fudge is packed with walnuts and cranberries to satisfy all who try it. Though they may seem decadent, each little bite is filled with tons of fabulous, guilt-free flavor.Delia R. Kennedy, Deer Park, Washington
81 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Coat the foil with cooking spray;
- set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips and corn syrup. Cook and
- stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in the
- confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Beat with a wooden spoon
- until thickened and glossy, about 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries and
- walnuts. Spread into prepared pan; refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; discard foil. Cut fudge into 1-in.
- squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield:
- 1-1/3 pounds (81 pieces).
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 36 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.