A "fool" is a dessert made by folding pureed fruit into whipped cream. In this delectable version, cranberry sauce is the featured fruit. If you're pressed for time, you can use 2 cups frozen whipped topping instead of the whipping cream.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Additional grated orange peel, optional
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, orange peel and
- allspice. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with orange peel and mint if
- desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 368 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.