Cranberry Drop Cookies
Pam Baker of South Charleston, West Virginia cherishes this recipe from a favorite children's Christmas book. "My 22-year-old daughter bakes these cookies each Christmas," Pam relates.
30 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg. Beat in milk and lemon juice. Combine dry ingredients; add
- to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on
- wire racks. Yield: 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 160 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium,