I'm 95, and I still remember my grandmother from Germany making this lovely, delicious conserve for the holidays. She'd give it to family members and friends. It tastes great served as a relish alongside meat or even spread on biscuits.
-Mildred Marsh Banker, Austin, Texas
48 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 oranges, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, orange peel, oranges,
- raisins and water. Cover and simmer over medium heat until
- cranberries are soft. Add pecans and sugar; stir well. Simmer,
- uncovered, 10-15 minutes, stirring often. Cool. Spoon into covered
- containers. Refrigerate. Serve as a relish with poultry or pork, or
- spread on biscuits or rolls. Yield: 3 pints.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 72 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.