Cranberry Confetti Rice
Dried cranberries lend a splash of color to this appealing recipe. “I think it makes a great side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas,” says Lora Billmire of Spokane, Washington.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Add
- the broth, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring
- occasionally. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add
- almonds and cranberries.
- Cover and simmer 9-11 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Fluff
- with a fork. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 226 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.