- For filling, combine the sugars, cornstarch and cinnamon in a small
- saucepan. Stir in cranberry sauce. Bring to a boil over medium heat,
- stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute or until thickened; remove
- from the heat and cool slightly.
- Spread filling widthwise over half of the rectangle. Fold dough over
- filling, forming an 8-in. square; seal edges. Transfer foil with
- dough to a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with milk. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over top. Cut
- into 2-in. squares (do not separate). Bake at 425° for 16-18
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 16 scones.
Nutrition Facts: 1 scone equals 153 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.